HOTELCARE ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY STATEMENT
It is the Policy of Hotelcare, to ensure that responsibilities for the environment are properly assigned, accepted and fulfilled at all levels of our organisation and that all reasonably practicable steps are taken to safeguard the local and global environment and to minimise environmental impacts from operations under our control.
It is Hotelcare’s intention while providing national hotel cleaning services to ensure:-
• Applicable legislation and other requirements are complied with which relate to our environmental aspects.
• Commitment to continually improve our environmental impacts and performance of Hetelcare’s operations and the sites whereby we provide cleaning services by setting, implementing and reviewing objectives and targets .
• Pollution or nuisance that may be caused by our activities is minimised and prevented.
• Adoption of clients waste management procedures which promote waste minimisation, reuse and recycling. Where these options are unavailable we will ensure that our waste is correctly handled and disposed of in a way that has least impact on the environment.
• We consume energy and natural resources efficiently and consumption is reduced where at all possible.
• Environmental implications of changes to products, processes, materials and facilities are considered when company decisions are made.
• Arrangements for use, handling and storage of articles and substances for use at work are safe and without risks to the environment.
• Use where possible chemical suppliers and manufacturers that are certified to ISO 14001.
• Employees are provided with such information, instruction, training and supervision as is necessary to ensure environmental practices are effectively implemented.
• Promotion of the importance of the organisations environmental standards and environmental best practice within our organisation.
• Communication with our stakeholders regarding environmental management.
• The environmental management system is effective by conducting reviews of our policy, procedures and operational controls, and implementing corrective action where necessary.
• This Environmental Policy is reviewed and updated as and when necessary and any such changes will be communicated to all employees.
It shall be the duty of all employees at work:-
• To take reasonable care for the environment where it may be affected by their acts or omissions at work.
• To co-operate with Hotelcare to ensure that we are able to comply with our legal duties.